This is a screen shot of the first time anyone has remotely asked me to “hook up” on Twitter…and I’m using the nicer words as the picture says it all! I’m not a fan of direct messages (DMs). Usually they are annoying automatic messages thanking me for following while directing me to their website to sell me something. Ugh.. If I want to go to the person’s site I will freakin’ click on the link they provide in their profile!
I guess I should have asked if Twitter was a hook up site as it’s clear that this guy was trying to use it as such. I understand and LOVE that I can write raunchy tweets on Twitter. It suits my personality and how I write much more than Facebook where my close friendsand family might think I’m just whacked. (It’s a possibility they already do…) 😛 That being said, you just Don’t message people with crap like this….on ANY site. especially if you have Never talked to the person before.
I checked the guys pictures and he was hot. That being said, if he’s using Twitter to try and get his dink played with it’s either not him or there is something super wrong with him in another way. Perhaps he has one of these…
Other people’s children I tell you.
We’ve ALL been there. The Bad Date.
Sitting at a table across from your date and wondering how in the hell you’re going to get out of the situation. I’ve compiled a short list of ways to do this. Some require minimal pre-planning and some can be done on the fly. These are options that can be used when you don’t feel like saying to the person’s face:
” You’re a creepy bastard and you look NOTHING like your pictures. There’s no fucking way I want to stay another minute let alone EVER want to have sex with you.”
Most of us wouldn’t have the guts to say that in person so here’s what else you can do:
- Go to the bathroom but don’t come back. This only works if you are seated where your date can’t see the bathroom AND the exit.
- Tell your date you’re going to the bathroom. Do so but call/text a friend and ask them to call you in 10 minutes. Fake an emergency with your kids, parent or even your cat…despite if you even have kids or a cat.
- Download a free APP to your phone that will go off after a certain amount of time making it look you’re getting an emergency call or text. (Just in case you don’t have any friends…)
- Tell your date you didn’t get much sleep the night before and you have to work early in the morning.
- If you’re not in a coffee shop or restaurant where you can hide out in the bathroom, there is always the option to fake sick. You can say you weren’t feeling well before you arrived but didn’t want to stand the person up.
- Act like a total bitch/asshole, create a nervous twitch, pretend you have Tourette’s, or make up a strange OCD habit (count your steps and on every 5th step you clap 3 times)….all in an effort to make them think you’re screwed up and make THEM want to leave.
- Last but not least, if you’re really not sure about the date you can show up early and wait for the person to show up. Once you see them and it’s already clear you don’t want to be there, leave.
When it’s all said and done it’s best not to leave the person hanging. Dishonesty sucks and sadly these exit strategies use it. If the person seemed ok but you just weren’t interested. It’s best to text/e-mail then by the next day to tell them your lack of interest. If the person TOTALLY lied about everything, my BLOCK/DELETE method works just fine!
As well, stick with something short like a walk or coffee. You don’t want to get stuck in the situation where I write about Why I Don’t Do Dinner on a First Date.
Bad Date Bingo
Do you have any other ideas for exiting a bad date? Let me know in the comment section on the blog, Facebook or Twitter.
I have no idea what made me think it was a good idea to make a video. I probably did about 52….hundred takes before I got one that I was semi-happy with. No editing, no camera crew….just me being me. Let me know what you all think other than I look pretty pastey….lack of sun and make up know-how makes Another Single Woman look like…well, you’ll see. 🙂
There you have it. Any questions or comments, let me know. 🙂
Filed under Dating, Single
Lately it takes a lot for me to get excited but last week I did….and it wasn’t about a man! LOL I was contacted via Twitter to write a short blurb about online dating. First I thought there was no way I could do that. But, after reading some of the other articles on the site I noticed that you don’t have to be a great writer, just be able to convey a message….as well be able to use spell check. The hardest part for me was trying to be concise enough to be able to fit into the 300-400 word limit without losing my message.
Well, I did it. Sent it off and within hours was e-mailed that I would be published on Sunday. Last Sunday. It looks so pretty so I’m going to share it. I didn’t get paid accept for being able to add the link to my blog in the article. It was fun…although I much prefer my usual style of writing, swearing et al.
For days I’ve been trying to figure out what I could write on the subject of Christmas. For some single people it’s depressing due to having to face family members who ask why you’re still single. I don’t get that. My family knows why I’m single. I have been quite vocal about the men I have met and why nothing seems to materialize from it all.
Today is Boxing Day and I’m quite sure the stores were rampant with people buying more crap they don’t need just because it’s on sale. I even ranted a bit about consumerism and commercialism on Facebook.
It wasn’t until I got an e-mail from a sex store that I realized there really was something that I needed. I was reminded of this e-mail because I posted on Facebook about my Christmas tree full of gifts. I had wanted to comment something to the effect, “Not in picture: The batteries I bought for myself.” I ended up posting the comment to Twitter since it can handle raunchy better than Facebook can.
My point…I did do a little shopping….and only because I’ve noticed that my “old reliable” isn’t as reliable as it once was. I’m sure there are ladies out there who have had the momentary panic of nothing happening when you press that button and think, “SHIT! What am I going to do now?” We fiddle with it for a few minutes and make sure the batteries are in there correctly and nothing is bent (in a bad way) and finally it fires up. Not a good feeling. I’m totally serious. 🙂
I guess I’ll see what happens in 4 to 7 business days. 😉